Grant Global Logistics

NoNameOne

So...
I reached out to Grant (the owner) who I believe strongly understood what it meant for a customer to reach out to an owner and advise them that their dispatchers are doing things that could be costing him future business (like a 50% cancellation rate). I'm not sure he was aware what was going on in the front lines which happens from time to time. He has the link to this thread.

He's had a staff meeting with his dispatchers about cancellations. I'm not sure if it was 'all cancellations' or 'Starship cancellations', but I did receive a heartfelt and lengthy apology from the dispatcher that canceled the last 3 loads, I suppose time will tell. I've taken them off the DNU list as I believe his responses were genuine.

Lets see what happens next.

Re: $250 missed pick - take a closer look at the order, it may be applicable. Depends on the circumstances. If I asked a London ON carrier to drive out to Scarborough ON for a load that wasn't ready when the truck arrived and it took an hour or two to figure that out after the driver checked in I'd consider it kind of the carrier to ask for only $250. The screaming however is unprofessional, the good thing is you can turn down the volume on your phone. :):)

Keep well,
Mike

Hey Mike, totally agree with you on this point.

From my experience,although it's probably a lot less experience than a lot of people here, most carriers will tell me if they have a long route to do a specific pick-up. If I post some LTL in Mississauga and someone calls me to get the freight, I'll usually assume they have a local driver doing picks and deliveries in the area. Unless specified otherwise, how am I supposed to know that they are sending a driver from the yard?

And since I was the one sending the order (I'm a 3rd party), there's nowhere for me to really check his policy.

That being said, it's good to know you spoke with them. If they can get back on track, it's always better to have as much reliable carriers as possible!

MikeJr

Staff member
I hear ya,

It's why I reached out to him. If someone here was detrimental to carriers relations I'd like to know about it. If someone here was detrimental to customer relations I'd want to know about it also. You can't fix what you don't know about. It's either a charade or truly there will be change. There's enough of us here to know within a few weeks if they are turning over a new leaf or not. I'm looking forward to seeing what other members have to say in the future. I sure hate feeling like I'm wasting my valuable time fixing other peoples problems.

When carriers tell us "I'm coming from FL to pick up your SC freight first thing tomorrow morning", dispatch puts all those details in the internal notes in case we need to know that in the future for any reason. If no one tells us we'll never know. I hope no one screams at you tomorrow!! :)

Keep well,
Mike

Tip15

We have had an extremely frustrating experience with this company recently, that in my mind was handled 100% unprofessionally by Grant Global (Arsalan in specific).
We hired Grant Global to haul a load from Alberta to Ontario, upon arrival it was found that the load shifted and had spilled product onto the floor of the trailer. We arranged for the product to be reworked offsite, trailer cleaned and ask to have it redelivered. Grant Global took the load back to there yard and demanded payment for the freight, waiting time, and redelivery charges as well as proof of the rework invoice was paid by our company or they would not deliver the freight. I explained to them that we were not upset that the issue happened as load shifts are an unfortunate part of transportation. I explained that our customer was a good one and we can work through the claim process professionally.
As we are a 3rd party it put us in a very bad situation with a good customer, we had no choice but to agree as we needed the rest of the load to be delivered in order to avoid production issues. We have since filed 3rd party claim to their insurance company to attempt to recover some of the costs associated with this incident.

I do not recommend using this carrier.

Michael Ludwig

Why would you not just have the police show up at their door looking to arrest someone for stealing a load ???
I get .. smooth it over, keep everyone happy.
Sometimes we are our own worst enemies ... LOL

Jim L

We have had an extremely frustrating experience with this company recently, that in my mind was handled 100% unprofessionally by Grant Global (Arsalan in specific).
We hired Grant Global to haul a load from Alberta to Ontario, upon arrival it was found that the load shifted and had spilled product onto the floor of the trailer. We arranged for the product to be reworked offsite, trailer cleaned and ask to have it redelivered. Grant Global took the load back to there yard and demanded payment for the freight, waiting time, and redelivery charges as well as proof of the rework invoice was paid by our company or they would not deliver the freight. I explained to them that we were not upset that the issue happened as load shifts are an unfortunate part of transportation. I explained that our customer was a good one and we can work through the claim process professionally.
As we are a 3rd party it put us in a very bad situation with a good customer, we had no choice but to agree as we needed the rest of the load to be delivered in order to avoid production issues. We have since filed 3rd party claim to their insurance company to attempt to recover some of the costs associated with this incident.

I do not recommend using this carrier.

On the other side of the story, not to be a pain or anything because I don't know the specific carrier mentioned, but we have had situations exactly like this where the 3rd party warehouse does not get paid and the 3rd party warehouse demand payment from us. We have also had situations were we do exactly as asked by the broker, in respect to additional work which we expect a fee for, but that extra work does not get paid as agreed. You see this situation posted dozens of times per month on this site.

This happens rarely but if it was a broker whom we have no previous business relationship with I'd be reluctant to deliver the freight until it was paid. Nothing is more frustrating than doing more work in a bad situation and not getting paid for it.

Was this your first time working with the said carrier? Sometimes payments in this situation need to be done to extend the business relationship.

Tip15

On the other side of the story, not to be a pain or anything because I don't know the specific carrier mentioned, but we have had situations exactly like this where the 3rd party warehouse does not get paid and the 3rd party warehouse demand payment from us. We have also had situations were we do exactly as asked by the broker, in respect to additional work which we expect a fee for, but that extra work does not get paid as agreed. You see this situation posted dozens of times per month on this site.

This happens rarely but if it was a broker whom we have no previous business relationship with I'd be reluctant to deliver the freight until it was paid. Nothing is more frustrating than doing more work in a bad situation and not getting paid for it.

Was this your first time working with the said carrier? Sometimes payments in this situation need to be done to extend the business relationship.

This was not the first time we had done business with this carrier, unfortunately when there is a claim situation it is most likely going to cost someone money. We will not use them any more that is for sure.

Jim L

This was not the first time we had done business with this carrier, unfortunately when there is a claim situation it is most likely going to cost someone money. We will not use them any more that is for sure.
A move like that will definitely harm any business relationship that existed. Obviously the carrier did not believe the broker was good for the extra costs/payment and was willing to demolish the business relationship for that amount of money. The insurance claim process would go ahead anyways....

SC1966

Thank you
to hear other points of view makes me look at our operation Carrier alot closer the goods and the bad and somtimes the ugly

Steven

NoNameOne

Another day, another bad experience with Grant Global. Figured after 4 months it was time to maybe give them a shot see how things were.

Gave them a load CA to ON, they were supposed to pick-up yesterday. We did 3 check spot during the day, one 40 minutes prior to pick-up time, every time saying they are on track. Driver never showed up, when we called after they were late they said driver was stuck at his delivery, meaning his was never on route there, even 40 min before.

Called back this morning to be told that they are cancelling the load because of "an issue".

MikeJr

Staff member
So.

After pleas from Grant Kazakhian himself advising me that our business would be treated differently moving forward and I was even given one dispatcher to deal with as they would be my account manager, I'll say they sure picked up and delivered the next few shipments on time, there were no cancellations.

Here comes the however...

However, there was a shipment they picked up and crossdocked before shipping to the US. Somehow the shipment shifted in transit and was refused by the consignee. I've been dealing with Arsalan, Kirill, Tatiana and Grant himself on this claim for a lengthy period of time where they constantly change details, deny, lie and recant when given evidence that their previous statements are incorrect. Back on the DNU, for good this time.

I should have listened to my gut. You know when you read an email from an owner and really want to think that they care about your business and your customers but there's an inkling in the back of your mind that tells you he's just a bullshitter. I'm going to trust my gut more in the future, if these guys are in business in 2 years I'd be surprised. Oh wait, they will be just under a different name.

Keep well (all but you Grant),
Mike

Rob

Site Supporter
Anyone give these guys a load to Washington State in the last Month. I just talked to my shipper (she had to give a bunch of Washington loads to a broker) and they gave the load to Grant Global and she just found out the load is about a month old and still sitting in their yard.

bellcitytransport

Anyone give these guys a load to Washington State in the last Month. I just talked to my shipper (she had to give a bunch of Washington loads to a broker) and they gave the load to Grant Global and she just found out the load is about a month old and still sitting in their yard.
Complete failure on someone's track and tracing department.

mtltrans

Hello, can we please get an update on Grant Global Logistics?
Dispatcher is Linton
We had a service failure with them a year or 2 ago and steered clear of them mostly
Load pending. Any recent praise or failures? Thanks

Deisel1

I haven't used them in a year or so, but experienced everything noted on this thread. My professional opinion, stay away.

Dunkscd

they took a load from me last week 2 days in advance ( outbound ) paid a very fair rate and they cancelled me 30 mins before the pick up time, my feeling is that nothing has changed with them.

NotForHire

did good stuff for me when i was @ delmar, no good notes in my current tms. 16 loads in the past 6 months, 1 claim, 4 lates and 2 cancelled at the last min.

Last edited:

MikeJr

Staff member
1 claim and 2 canceled in 16 orders? I can't understand why you'd still tender them freight with so many other good carriers out there. If 18.75 % of the time you are either having to rebook with another provider or spend considerable time on a claim (with an upset customer), it's a no-brainer. Not to mention 4 lates (some grace for LTL of course).

I'll admit I have a bias because of the amount of time I wasted on a claim with these idiots. In the end their insurance company cut a cheque (once we determined the correct amount).

Keep well,
Mike

NotForHire

1 claim and 2 canceled in 16 orders? I can't understand why you'd still tender them freight with so many other good carriers out there. If 18.75 % of the time you are either having to rebook with another provider or spend considerable time on a claim (with an upset customer), it's a no-brainer. Not to mention 4 lates (some grace for LTL of course).

I'll admit I have a bias because of the amount of time I wasted on a claim with these idiots. In the end their insurance company cut a cheque (once we determined the correct amount).

Keep well,
Mike
mike, you should have seen the mess before i started working here - they are on dnu as they promised to settle the claim out of pocket,then went mia