Grant Global Logistics

DIETCOKE

Site Supporter
Anyone with service experiences with this carrier?
Grant Global Logistics

Thanks.

MikeJr

Staff member
1 load this year.

Tracing the pickup (which was a day late) included 4 voicemails and non returned email and pretty much the same for the delivery. Delivery was on time.

We'd certainly work with again but not on anything time sensitive or a shipment where we may need to speak to a dispatcher any time between booking and delivery.

Keep well,
Mike

JRod

I've done a few shipments with them. They seem to be ok with picking up/delivering on time but their communication is a little lacking. I'll keep using them though, helps in a tough lane.

wiseowl

They want to do an LTL for me too now to a very out of the way town in Washington State
. Again rate is very low. Has anyone used them?

Femfatale

oh yes man I have more than enough experience with this carrier

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I was employed with them thru a broker as a driver. Was left stranded in Western Canada thru Christmas and New Years 2016 for a total of 41 days. Recently underwent a DOT and MTO audit.

Llama

We had an incident about 2 months ago with Grant Global where they picked up our load and then wanted us to sign a contract to pay them in 15 days. Had they asked while we were booking the load or even prior to the pick up, there would have been no issue, the answer is yes or no, but asking to change the terms once the shipment is in transit left a bad taste in my mouth.

We ended up referring the dispatcher Ansalan to our terms on the load sheet stating that we pay in 30 days, and by picking up the load GGL agreed to our terms. The load was delivered 1 day late since it took us some time to work out the terms; Carrier was paid, and I personally, have stopped calling them on any trucks.

MikeJr

Staff member
I think something changed at this company about 7 or 8 months ago. They have an extremely high cancellation rate, best to just not give them orders in the first place (DNU until they turn their dedication to service around, should they decide to).

Keep well,
Mike

Dunkscd

they took three loads from me on friday last week for pick up today, and cancelled all three and they even said it was because they got more money. What makes it even worse is I gave them what they asked for did not even try and get them to lower their rate

MikeJr

Staff member
Same page, we know some areas we need to give carriers exactly what they ask for in order to secure the equipment.
3 loads at the same time before a long weekend - I do hope you get them all recovered.

Keep well,
Mike

PackRat

Site Supporter
Update: Missed pickup appointment yesterday. Rebooked for 8am this morning. He sent an email with letter changing terms of agreement. Didn't show up for 8am pickup today. Had this load and another one booked with them. We cancelled both loads. Not reliable or trustworthy it seems. Just made our DNU list.

NoNameOne

Had words with Linton over there. They went to do a pick-up in Mississauga, unfortunately freight wasn't ready and shipper didn't inform the client - shit happens heh.

When I told him he could pull the driver, that this was a misspick, he wanted to charge me 250$ - for a local misspick. When I told him it was a little steep, and tried talking to him, he started yelling at me that it's his policy, AM I QUESTIONING HIS POLICY?

Told him to stop yelling and he yelled back that he would never take our freight again. Oh well. Buh bye, Felicia.

MikeJr

Staff member
So...
I reached out to Grant (the owner) who I believe strongly understood what it meant for a customer to reach out to an owner and advise them that their dispatchers are doing things that could be costing him future business (like a 50% cancellation rate). I'm not sure he was aware what was going on in the front lines which happens from time to time. He has the link to this thread.

He's had a staff meeting with his dispatchers about cancellations. I'm not sure if it was 'all cancellations' or 'Starship cancellations', but I did receive a heartfelt and lengthy apology from the dispatcher that canceled the last 3 loads, I suppose time will tell. I've taken them off the DNU list as I believe his responses were genuine.

Lets see what happens next.

Re: $250 missed pick - take a closer look at the order, it may be applicable. Depends on the circumstances. If I asked a London ON carrier to drive out to Scarborough ON for a load that wasn't ready when the truck arrived and it took an hour or two to figure that out after the driver checked in I'd consider it kind of the carrier to ask for only $250. The screaming however is unprofessional, the good thing is you can turn down the volume on your phone. :) :)

Keep well,
Mike