General Insurance Discussion

otbroker

Update of interest to Brokers who deal with Eagle Underwriting. Please check your policy. We did not see a clause they added under Insuring Conditions.
"Excluding liability attaching to selection of carrier through internet based carrier matching service." They are trying to deny our freight claim as we found the carrier through Load Link.!!! Anyone else deal with this?

PackRat

Site Supporter
That is a BULL SH&T clause....talk about typical Insurance Companies trying to screw their customers. It's all good as long as they can cash your cheques but the minute you need them! GRRRRRRR

TRKINSURE

Update of interest to Brokers who deal with Eagle Underwriting. Please check your policy. We did not see a clause they added under Insuring Conditions.
"Excluding liability attaching to selection of carrier through internet based carrier matching service." They are trying to deny our freight claim as we found the carrier through Load Link.!!! Anyone else deal with this?
I’ve never dealt with Eagle as I’m familiar with their “low rent” policy.

If I were you I would be cancelling midterm and looking at Coast Underwriting or CNA Marine. Two of the best in the country.

TRKINSURE

Send me a PM and I’ll connect you with a TPA (third party adjuster), who will work on your behalf to try and get the insurer to pay.

otbroker

We are looking for a new underwriter and broker if anyone could recommend one that does contingent cargo without exclusions that make our job impossible.
Thanks All

loaders

Site Supporter
We use Marsh Canada. They have lots of transportation experience. It is a good idea to get a few quotes from brokers/insurers with a transportation background. Rates have been going up lately so be sure to shop carefully.

TRKINSURE

@loaders I’m sorry for your loss ;)

@otbroker send me a PM. Let’s talk. Just got off the phone with an underwriter who used to own a portion of Eagle and he gave me some helpful information. May be able to get your claim paid.

loaders

Site Supporter
Hmmmmm???? A problem with Marsh? I would be interested to hear your opinion. PM me if you like.

Nawk

We use Marsh Canada. They have lots of transportation experience. It is a good idea to get a few quotes from brokers/insurers with a transportation background. Rates have been going up lately so be sure to shop carefully.
We also use Marsh and have been happy with the speed and professionalism they use when dealing with any issues at all.

TRKINSURE

I only kid, they're not here to defend themselves. Marsh is the #1 broker in the world for a good reason. They have the capacity to deal with any sized operation.

My feedback (from what my prospects/clients have told me), their pricing is #1. They leverage their insurers to the Nth degree to get what they want. A huge benefit for their clients. Some 'regional' insurers choose not to do business with them for that reason. They can sink a ship pretty quickly with the business they have (ACE/INA, Zurich, AIG).

I've been told that there is little follow through on service from them, but I think you get that from every broker.
2 critical things that I would call them on; they seem to show little empathy to their clients in troubling situations. What a $1M premium account to them? Absolutely nothing - not on the radar. So if you're used to being dealt like a 'big shot', you're not going to get that there.

Also, their salespeople are not on commission. Personally, and I think I speak for most people, I am not motivated unless their is money involved. Bringing the business is makes me work hard as ever to get that commission cheque. Keeping them happy lets me know I will earn the renewal when it comes time. Blood, Sweat, Tears & lots & lots of swearing.. it's my recipe for business.

Again, just my meager opinion... There are pros/cons to every shop I think.

MikeJr

Staff member
My employer has been a Marsh customer since before I started here in 2005. When I reach out to Marsh (usually be email), they answer within an hour pretty much all the time. I reach out with random questions about claims they are not involved in (because the claim is too small) and they are always helpful in steering me in the right direction or offering a different train of thought all together. I think we have put one claim in over the last 15 years but they help in any way they can.

If they are as big as you say they are, we are a drop in the bucket of their business but they make me feel like they are there for me.

In my experience.
Mike

Maybe it's the person you deal with that makes a difference?? Tip of the hat to: Josee Houle, Tom Hammers, Patrick Lobo (retired).

TRKINSURE

My employer has been a Marsh customer since before I started here in 2005. When I reach out to Marsh (usually be email), they answer within an hour pretty much all the time. I reach out with random questions about claims they are not involved in (because the claim is too small) and they are always helpful in steering me in the right direction or offering a different train of thought all together. I think we have put one claim in over the last 15 years but they help in any way they can.

If they are as big as you say they are, we are a drop in the bucket of their business but they make me feel like they are there for me.

In my experience.
Mike

Maybe it's the person you deal with that makes a difference?? Tip of the hat to: Josee Houle, Tom Hammers, Patrick Lobo (retired).
it's definitely a "people business". And I only get intel from what others tell me. I don't pay a fortune for insurance like you guys do. all I can do is share my intel from where I sit... again, for what it's worth :)

MikeJr

Staff member
For sure!

I bet you get all kinds of feedback from all kinds of sources (both good and bad). Honestly, I know most people like to bitch and complain and share bad stories (like most of what goes on here). I wanted to take a sec to offer some positive feedback when it was due. :)

Keep well,
Mike

Jim L

This conversation has gone way off topic. Can a moderator please move the Marsh conversation to a different post as it does not apply to Burse's Express.

Nawk

In my experience.
Mike

Josee is great to deal with. I've also had great experiences with Ron Fluke & Spencer Channing.