Freight Pricing What the....????

Freight Broker

Loads that are complex and involve several modes and carriers generally pay alot more.. As I write this I'm bringing in steel from Austria.. I arranged everything.. the trucking in Europe.. the ship.. and the trucking on this side of the ocean..

nir182

Companies and Brokers want to make $3.00 + a mile to cover everything. Thus, causing this market to be flooded and over priced. Bid wars cause conflict and more companies to loose business. I wish there was a pricing union to rectify these price caps, and a proper costing structure to understand.

loaders

Site Supporter
?????Please explain what you are referring to nir182....”pricing union”? “Proper costing structure”. There is no one manual that explains how to run a successful trucking or brokerage company.

nir182

I don't know whether to respond with a 'HaHa" or a "Duh?" Is it possible he/she is serious?
Could be short for something! And I assumed that there would not be any trolls to make a stupid remark to cause confusion on my part.

Bobby12364

Could be short for something! And I assumed that there would not be any trolls to make a stupid remark to cause confusion on my part.
Hi Nir, if by "pricing union" you mean companies getting together to fix prices for bids, that's collusion and you can be fined heavily or sentenced to jail for it.

But if that's NOT what you mean then that's a different story.

nir182

Hi Nir, if by "pricing union" you mean companies getting together to fix prices for bids, that's collusion and you can be fined heavily or sentenced to jail for it.

But if that's NOT what you mean then that's a different story.
Yes, that would be a good idea and concept to make sure our prices ares stable. But, there is a cost structure for all tractors, trailers, and operating cost. This is the key to why our prices are high and causing conflict. I guess when people are charging low. I guess they have already covered their cost.

Last edited:

Igor Galanter

Yes, that would be a good idea and concept to make sure our prices ares stable. But, there is a cost structure for all tractors, trailers, and operating cost. This is the key to why our prices are high and causing conflict. I guess when people are charging low. I guess they have already covered their cost.

Blast from the past.....BAM!