FMCSA - Clearing House - Drug Queries for drivers

tasuinam

I am looking for clarification on this issue - when I looked into the details for the queries it was that in the US drivers can have multiple CDL and so this tracks drivers who are suspended in one state but working on CDL from another - and also any tickets for drugs etc...
As a Canadian Carrier operating in the US I am told we MUST purchase a query plan and send a query request once a year - however the drivers have to create their own personal account and then give me as their employer access and consent to conduct the query - I have sent multiple emails / phone calls to all my drivers going into the US to create and register accounts - no one has done so...

Is anyone else having issues and what are solutions..thanks

Tip15

Unfortunately FMCSA asks for consent, but consent isn't optional. If the query is not done as of January 6, 2021 the drivers are not legally permitted to operate a commercial vehicle in the USA. Yes even if you have a 3rd party facilitating the queries on your behalf you still have to have an account and you must purchase the query plan. The 3rd party can use your credits but are not able to purchase them for you.

Make sure your drivers are aware that they will not be permitted to cross the border in a commercial vehicle if it is not completed. If your drivers are still not taking this issue seriously then maybe the only course of action is to hold there pay for them until they return to the yard and assist them in setting up the account.

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
I wasn't aware drivers had to setup an account for this either.

We are using drivercheck as our 3rd party representative, and as Tip15 said, we have to open our own account as a carrier and buy the credits so our 3rd party rep can use them.

I was told we need to have drivers sign an authorization form, but nothing about them opening an account...

I thought I had it straight, but now am confused...

bubba-one

Site Supporter
Company drivers or o/o's leased direct to your company do not need there own account. Buy the query pkg with enough tokens to last the year. Have your drivers sign a release form yearly or as part of your hiring criteria, then do your query at time of hiring and annually to comply. There is a box to check when doing the query that says you have authorization from the driver, check this box and continue the query. Very simple, just did my annual query today for all my drivers right on the FMCSA site.

tasuinam

Company drivers or o/o's leased direct to your company do not need there own account. Buy the query pkg with enough tokens to last the year. Have your drivers sign a release form yearly or as part of your hiring criteria, then do your query at time of hiring and annually to comply. There is a box to check when doing the query that says you have authorization from the driver, check this box and continue the query. Very simple, just did my annual query today for all my drivers right on the FMCSA site.
Thank you - okay that makes it easier