Fleet Renewals in 2020

Michael Ludwig

@jonny-chicken ... is a big part of your Canadian mileage, Quebec miles?
There's something funky going on with Quebec vis-a-vis the insurance market, and I am sorry to say, I don't have a good handle on what exactly it is.

TRKINSURE

Well, my renewal is now behind me... and it was a real shit show as they say... haahaa...

We were unceremoniously removed from Bluesky, after a great year which saw them make a few hundred thousand off us.

Everything with the quoting process is slower and more difficult to get through, you know, due to covid...

I had loss prevention meetings with 3 different insurance companies, one of them just mere days before our renewal, as everyone is behind on timelines.

Got a crazy quote from one insurance company that was nearly $30K a unit...

Ended up with Northbridge, for a lot less than that. We have a new broker too.

How is everyone else's renewals going?
Hey Johnny, let me take a crack at it next year.
Given the rates you’re paying, I think from a financial and underwriting perspective we can make it work.
the market doesn’t show any signs of stability. I would like to see what we can do about putting you into an actual captive (of which Bluesky is NOT).
The issue you had surrounding the insurer who didn’t quote you can be easily worked around in a captive environment.

I’ve said many times I don’t use this platform to sell, but I think there is opportunity here for both of us. Lmk

TRKINSURE

Your US exposure must be reasonable, as the last couple years Northbridge had provided numbers around the 30,000 per unit due to our high US exposure, after being with Northbridge for 8 years this allowed for Old Republic to come to the table and they have been great the last two years.
Just remind Frank that I had been telling him that OR was a perfect fit for the past 4 years (I can call up some old emails if he wants to put that to the test ;) )

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
Hey Johnny, let me take a crack at it next year.
Given the rates you’re paying, I think from a financial and underwriting perspective we can make it work.
the market doesn’t show any signs of stability. I would like to see what we can do about putting you into an actual captive (of which Bluesky is NOT).
The issue you had surrounding the insurer who didn’t quote you can be easily worked around in a captive environment.

I’ve said many times I don’t use this platform to sell, but I think there is opportunity here for both of us. Lmk
You seem very well informed and everything I've heard from you has been accurate and fair.. I would be happy to see if we can work together next year! :)

jonny-chicken

Site Supporter
@jonny-chicken ... is a big part of your Canadian mileage, Quebec miles?
There's something funky going on with Quebec vis-a-vis the insurance market, and I am sorry to say, I don't have a good handle on what exactly it is.
No, the bulk of my Canadian mileage is Ontario, with only a bit in other provinces, Quebec included.

Isn't there always something funky going on in Quebec? haahaaha...

No offense to anyone from or residing there, of course... It's just a different kind of place.

bellcitytransport

Just remind Frank that I had been telling him that OR was a perfect fit for the past 4 years (I can call up some old emails if he wants to put that to the test ;) )
I don't doubt that... we should have been talking much sooner. Some poor direction from a past broker.

bellcitytransport

Now, more than ever, your broker is everything. They will make or break you ... choose wisely :)
Couldn't agree more... the right Broker can bring plenty of value added services to the table. The right broker brings guidance, knowledge and expertise that is vital to the success of your business.