FAKE SAFE N SAVE OUT THERE

SCAM CHASER

Site Supporter
This might not be the right section to post this, but in mid June, persons unknown registered the IP address as safensavelogistic.com. The legitimate Safe N Save IP address is safensavelogistics.com (note the "s"). It appears that any emails sent to the good SNS were redirected to the bad SNS, who then reviewed them to see if any were for load pickups. The carrier I represent in this matter was then given a load confirmation by a guy named John Cormack to pickup 2 loads (June 16 and 24) from 2 different cross dock companies in Peel Region. The bills of lading showed a box manufacturer in Scarborough, with the consignee in Pedricktown NJ.
The load confirmations from the bad SNS also should a new delivery address on Long Island NY.

Has anyone else had a similar incident in the last two weeks? Please - verify any calls or load confirmations with Save N Save at (905) 856-7256.

Trans

I had a similar issue with R2 logistics last month where someone acted as an agent from R2 Logistics and his signature and domain where the email came from looks all legit. except for one difference, the email ended with r2logistic.com instead of r2logistics.com just a small letter difference that no one will ever notice. I got lucky as this load got canceled and he sent me TONU so when I sent the invoice that's when I found out it was a fake agent. He also had a fake accounting email setup.

So the issue is why would no one recommend companies to buy all the similar name domains as it's the cheapest way to protect all these scams. since all the companies want to set up their operations email-based we will have a lot more issues in the future. for example Delmar you can't find any phone number written on their confirmations or in the broker signature. they just want you to type emails all day for any issues you have.

The other day I booked load through Coyote online portal and it went horribly wrong no one has any idea about custom clearance. Tried calling them and it was like a call center setup very similar to Livingston.

For the companies that are doing Canda-wide work what if someone offers you a very attractive rate going down to Calgary AB and pickup is from Crossdock warehouse to cross-dock in AB. How would a carrier know that we are not moving someone's stolen freight?

Attachments

• 2021070111.PNG
    2021070111.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Capturer2.PNG
    Capturer2.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 30

SCAM CHASER

Site Supporter
Do you have any other info available such as date of scheduled pickup, name of cross dock company, name/address of consignee?

Phony R2 internet name registered April 14, 2021.

Thanks