Eagle Freight Services, Brampton Ontario

ONMARST

Strange that a licensed carrier would have so much "extra" freight to sell off. As we all know however, according to Link Logistics, on any given day the majority of the available freight posted, is posted by carriers, not brokers. You'd think that if most of their business was brokering, they'd go to the trouble of registering themselves as a broker. Perhaps they find that their sales pitch as a carrier is more successful, even though the shipments given to them look like they'll be sold off to other carriers. You're right about the truck pictures Rob. If you had some nice shiny iron of your own, wouldn't you want to display it proudly on your website?
Sir what are the real factors of low rate freight in trucking now a days

ONMARST

Sir what are the real factors of low rate freight in trucking now a days
Sir with due respect Brokers also posting a load with the low rate, mos of the broker rate from CAD 1.57 TO 1.77 PER MILE. Last year i was working as a company owner operator and earning 1,55 per mile. since I got my own authority cannot survive below break even point.

loaders

Site Supporter
Onmarst, if you looking to operate a profitable trucking company solely hauling freight obtained from brokers, you are going to be disappointed. As I am sure all of the asset based carriers on Inside Transport will tell you, you must have some of your own direct customers and use the freight available from brokers for the occasional back haul, “top up” LTL shipmemt, or outbound to get to where your customer‘s load is. That said, you can have an ongoing, continuous relationship with a freight broker if they have a steady lane that compliments your operation. Find a few shippers of your own and service the hell out of them at rates that allow you to turn a profit and use broker freight to augment that where necessary.

freightbro

The fact is that they are still on the loadlink and doing business even if they stole money from a lot of people. We were scammed 2 years ago and had to go to court and hire a lawyer and they never showed up. I can't believe they are still able to operate.

Freight Broker

I too would want to have my "own" accounts as a carrier. But having said that, some carriers (DMR Truck for example) have built their business on catering to the needs of freight brokers. They even say so on their web page.. so I guess its possible to run a carrier with only broker freight. Alot of the carriers I use also don't have any of their own freight.. most are small and pull loads off the boards exclusively. Personally I'd go the old fashioned route... shipper accounts with broker freight to bring me back home.. but times they are a changin.. And the bank never asks.. "the check you just brought in.. is that from hauling broker freight or shipper freight ?' .. money is money after all, regardless of the source. But I can see it making a difference if you're selling your business.. buyers want to see ongoing relationships and loyal clients (which can arguably be freight brokers too).. If your only long term relationship is a loadboard membership the value of the business might be discounted to book value. Kudos to the carriers who develop their own direct freight.. BUT.. as a freight broker I don't want to hear "sorry.. no trucks available as WE HAVE OUR OWN FREIGHT TO LOOK AFTER FIRST. I get it.. obviously you have to look after your in house accounts first.. but don't tell me that.. I don't want to hear that I'm a second class account. And I guess from that standpoint I like carriers who don't distinguish between in house or broker freight.. or haul only broker freight.

Last edited:

freightbro

HI Ruler, I saw them a couple of times too.. I don,t get how they can still operate after all they did. They didn't even show up in court. There's something wrong with the legislation these days

Truck519

They post almost everyday loads out of KS - ON.
I guess no one takes it from them but everyday they have loads posted out of Kansas

Jim L

Just so I can get this cleared up.
Does this company owe any money to people? What court are you talking about @freightbro?
I know they don't have a brokerage authority but other than that does anyone have any reason why one should not take a load from them? They have all the right credentials as a carrier and also have 9Mil on file in liability. This does not look like a company that is trying to screw people and leave - but anything can happen....

fedup

Strange that a licensed carrier would have so much "extra" freight to sell off. As we all know however, according to Link Logistics, on any given day the majority of the available freight posted, is posted by carriers, not brokers. You'd think that if most of their business was brokering, they'd go to the trouble of registering themselves as a broker. Perhaps they find that their sales pitch as a carrier is more successful, even though the shipments given to them look like they'll be sold off to other carriers. You're right about the truck pictures Rob. If you had some nice shiny iron of your own, wouldn't you want to display it proudly on your website?
Load Link is part of the problem and needs to be an active partner in combating this - they are more than aware of it.
What is the difference (based on Load Link) whether they potentially kick people off their platform for 3 non-payment complaints or 3 double brokering complaints?
Load Link has a responsibility as a subscription service to do everything in their power to ensure the integrity of their platform and they are failing miserably at it.

Shakey

Site Supporter
Load Link is part of the problem and needs to be an active partner in combating this - they are more than aware of it.
What is the difference (based on Load Link) whether they potentially kick people off their platform for 3 non-payment complaints or 3 double brokering complaints?
Load Link has a responsibility as a subscription service to do everything in their power to ensure the integrity of their platform and they are failing miserably at it.

sorry but Carriers need to stop taking the loads.................that is how you stop it but that would work as good as all the trucking strikes we hear about!

fedup

I am wondering if my next step would be to call the buyer or receiver in Edmonton??? I would really like to get paid!!! Maybe ask them who they assigned to the load?? I do not like to go behind another carriers back but when they have been double brokering freight I think I have that right.
sorry but Carriers need to stop taking the loads.................that is how you stop it but that would work as good as all the trucking strikes we hear about!
Well as much as I try to respect everyone's opinion, yours makes no sense.
First of all the carrier accepting the load wouldn't know it was double brokered because that fact is hid from them so how can they be held responsible?
It's time to get rid of the carrier/brokers who knowingly participate in this activity - that's how you ensure integrity.
If one cannot play by the rules of the industry, find a new one to screw up!!

tasuinam

Normally a Carrier wouldn't know it was double brokered till they invoice - when a carrier/broker tells me to use their PAPS I RUN!!! that's one giveaway

fedup

It's interesting the comments are about rates - this is about double brokering and those that do it obviously don't have the necessary financial/brain skills to start their own company so hence they get double brokered loads from their buddies (who happens to have a Load Link account).
Quickest way to stop it - Load Link should not participate in the degradation of the very industry that their business derives revenue from.
They are well aware of it - they even joke it's now called co-brokering. They just don't have the integrity and responsibility to do anything about it