Driver Pay Package

TransAction

On a similar topic, what would a typical rate per day be for a dedicated fleet contract for a 5 tonne with driver working about 8 hours per day?
Hey all, I know this discussion is getting pretty heated here but any feedback on my above question?

loaders

Site Supporter
Although it has been many years since I was involved in the asset based side, I would say $350.00 minimum per day. $45/hr. X 8, or there about.

Michael Ludwig

Hey all, I know this discussion is getting pretty heated here but any feedback on my above question?
Your question had nothing to do with the original post. Don't you think it is rather presumptuous to hijack a post, and then be pissed off because you didn't get an answer ???

Trukker

Michael couldn't have said it better . We have been on ELD's for roughly 2 years cause we wanted to be prepared . Fortune 500 customer says why can you not do this lane in 3 days like you used to at the current rate ? I then have to broker the load to some one on paper logs cause my own fleet has to do a reset . Point is once we are all the same level playing field the industry will have to change and so will the remuneration . At present we couldn't afford to pay salary

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
We've been on ELD's for 2 years never lost a load because of it and as soon as we tell a customer that the driver had to shut down because of logs never had a complaint. We can tell the customer the true travel time now which they really like.

MADBOOKER

What ever do you mean Lowmiler. True Travel time? I was under the impression that everything into the GTA is a 1-1/2 day run. Unless of course its from the West coast than it is a solid 2 days.. lol

TransAction

Your question had nothing to do with the original post. Don't you think it is rather presumptuous to hijack a post, and then be pissed off because you didn't get an answer ???
I thought my question was somewhat associated. Also, not sure where you get any inclination that my follow up question was one where I was pissed. Anywho, hope you get time to relax the old sphincter this weekend.

TransAction

Actually, after further thought, an unrelated topic would be "I can't wrap my head around how people can go through their day to day lives being so cynical and grumpy. It's much easier to be nice and way less stressful". Oh wait, that is related now!... Now that's hi jacking a post... Bouya!

Last edited: