DM Transport Bolton, ON

PackRat

Site Supporter
Good morning all,

Does anyone have any experience with DM Transport out of Bolton, ON? Contact is Frank. With respect to Service? Thanks in advance all!
PR.

dad2andrew

PackRat - Did you ever use DM Transport? Just got a call from them looking to be my carrier of choice for open deck work. LOL.

At least their carrier package and website do seem professional and the papers didn't get stuck in the scanner half sideways and crinkled!

Kevin.

duke22

"DM SENT A ROLLTITE FOR A TULSA OK TO ON LOAD THAT WAS OPEN FLAT ONLY GIVING THE LOAD BACK SAME DAY. LATER THAT MORNING (YESTERDAY) THEY MISSED A PICKUP IN MONTREAL FOR TX, AFTER REORGINIZING WITH THE SHIPPER FOR DM TO LOAD THE FOLLOWING DAY, THEY LIED ABOUT THE ETA FOR PICKUP UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE TO GET LOADED/RECOVER THE FREIGHT. 3 SERVICE FAILURES IN 48 HOURS, ALL DUE TO LACK OF COMMUNICATION. WHEN CALLING BACK WE WERE NEVER ALLOWED TO SPEAK TO DISPATCH, KEPT GETTING THE RUN AROUND CARRIER IS DNU." Freightguard

After confronting them about why they weren't telling us the driver would not make it....

"Again, we are sorry about all of this.
After investigating properly, I found out that Our team was scared to tell you the truth thinking you won’t believe it as this happened yesterday too.
They believed that they can’t tell you the same thing what we told you yesterday and it is 100% you won’t believe it.
We have hauled loads with you before too, and I don’t think that this has ever happened before, plus we are short staffed due to holidays as well, that’s the cause of less communication." Sukh DM Transport

Instead of telling the truth, because you're scared I get left with a back to back service failure. You think I can tell my customer I was scared to tell them why we didn't pickup their freight? LOL DNU!

loaders

Site Supporter
Again, I truly believe that this rash of service failures that some brokers are experiencing, ourselves included, is a result of a few carriers “biting off more than they can chew”. We get it, the trucking industry is in a tough, tough spot right now, with fewer loads and cheaper rates, but please, don’t take freight that you can’t handle on time and with your own trucks. Cutting staff to reduce overhead is a reasonable solution, but don’t use it as an excuse. Don’t cut the people that you need to provide the service you promise to your customers.

Fr8Guru

Again, I truly believe that this rash of service failures that some brokers are experiencing, ourselves included, is a result of a few carriers “biting off more than they can chew”. We get it, the trucking industry is in a tough, tough spot right now, with fewer loads and cheaper rates, but please, don’t take freight that you can’t handle on time and with your own trucks. Cutting staff to reduce overhead is a reasonable solution, but don’t use it as an excuse. Don’t cut the people that you need to provide the service you promise to your customers.
100%

Dispatchers are grasping at everything to keep drivers rolling. Especially in inbound to Canada. Feel like my new favourite question is - Is your driver actually 30 minutes away or are you lying to get the load?

Most of the time, well over 2 hrs in a different city.

loaders

Site Supporter
100%

Dispatchers are grasping at everything to keep drivers rolling. Especially in inbound to Canada. Feel like my new favourite question is - Is your driver actually 30 minutes away or are you lying to get the load?

Most of the time, well over 2 hrs in a different city.
Exactly! Then, as closing time at the shipper draws closer, they ask, “can we load in the morning? I will have my driver there when they open.” I get it, but tell me that when you book the load, then I don’t have to call my customer back and say…”uhhh, sorry but the truck won’t be there today as we all said they would. He will load in the morning”. Most of the time (unless it is a Friday!) this isn’t a huge deal but it makes everyone look like they have no clue what they’re doing. Personally, that’s not a good look for me.

Rob

Site Supporter
Exactly! Then, as closing time at the shipper draws closer, they ask, “can we load in the morning? I will have my driver there when they open.” I get it, but tell me that when you book the load, then I don’t have to call my customer back and say…”uhhh, sorry but the truck won’t be there today as we all said they would. He will load in the morning”. Most of the time (unless it is a Friday!) this isn’t a huge deal but it makes everyone look like they have no clue what they’re doing. Personally, that’s not a good look for me.
Yep do it quite a bit with different brokers. They post a load Monday pu but I have a Tuesday truck. I have no issue calling and asking if loading next day is ok. Most brokers will give us the load it at all possible. That may be because we do what we say we are going too or maybe it is my charming personality. do not care so long as my truck is covered.

Moose

I've had good experience with them. You do have to stay on top of them and ask the right questions. For the most part I think they do good work. I like dealing with Suhk.