Dixon Commercial Investigators (collections)

Jun 7, 2010
Has anyone used these folks ?

Whats their success rate ?

Their offer is almost too good to be true....
Lowest in the Industry only 10% commission

Before I sign I would like to know...

Many thanks in advance!

F1 Freight

Site Supporter
May 14, 2009
Dixon

The sales pitch was great, it makes a lot of sense, we have not had any success with what we gave them thus far and found it hard to communicate with them to get any info or feedback on the progress. Still have some stuff pending with them from last year, hoping it does turn out well in the end still

Cher

Jul 20, 2009
Southern Ontario
Dixon

We fell for the sales pitch ... 10%

So far, we have not recovered one of our accounts we gave them.

As time goes by, they will negotiate with the client for half the invoice value, if you refuse to accept this offer, in order to them to proceed your commission rate will be 50%, you are never told this up front, it.s worded as "a preferred rate".

Plus, they deduct 13% HST off of any money they send to you.

If you want any updates, you have to call them, they have never sent one printed report and made one telephone call to us to update.

To date we are not pleased with the results, and the sales pitch was too good to be true.

whatiship

Feb 6, 2008
Used them years ago, same results as other posts.
Like a lot of collection agencies they work on volume. They simply send out thousands of letters and hope for the best.
We got fed up with all of them and simply started our own. We opened a "mail box" at a UPS store, installed a different phone line and had some very official letter head made up with a ficticious name of a collection agency.
We just started sending out demand letters and threats of legal action and it was surprising how many old accounts decided to pay.

Last edited by a moderator:

whatiship

Feb 6, 2008
Soprano Collection Services usually gets better results.
But seriously, we used a name that sounded legitimate. It even had offices all over Canada. The trick is to make it look like a "real thing". You can even put up a good looking web site.
It is kind of a "grey area" as far as the Ministry of Consumer Affairs is concerned but unlike real collection agencies who are licenced and bound by endless restrictions thus impeeding their success you can do anything you want (almost) as long as you are collecting your own money.
Plus it's more fun than moving loads.....

Feb 7, 2008
Ya don't bother - good sales pitch - bad results. Lots of office #'s but I believe they all go back to the same office in St Catherines. You should try out Credimax in Kitchener 800-579-0220. I've had many more results in 1/10th of the time.

bubba-one

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
Lake side
they've called me a few times with the sales pitch, I always ask them does your team play baseball, or can they mix cement. If I need results that would be my pitch, and I know Dixon can't deliver any of the above.