Dispatch Position Available

thebluffs1

Site Supporter
We are a mid sized dry van and reefer carrier looking for an experienced dispatcher to handle our highway dispatch board (and work well with our shorthaul board). We’ve been growing and need some extra operational assistance.

This position is available immediately and would be ideal for someone living in the KW/Guelph/Cambridge area.

Position would be full time, early start, shift starting at 6am, some on call (rotation), some weekends and some later nights (making sure everything is cleaned up before heading out)

If you are already in the business, you know the drill...self starter, innovative, motivated, and a never say never attitude. We require someone who respects the efforts of our drivers, and who can effectively communicate what needs to be accomplished to them in a manner that keeps everyone onside.
Must possess sound knowledge of dispatch and operations as well as hours of service legislation etc, understand the principles of customer service, and have a strong set of computer skills.
Please pm me for further details if interested

ZoCNX

... in general... usually ...
what is the average salary for dispatch position?

Shakey

Site Supporter
@nir182 sorry you have not found a company to work for that will pay you what you fell you are worth. Numbers I have above is what I have paid staff so this is not impossible.

nir182

@nir182 sorry you have not found a company to work for that will pay you what you fell you are worth. Numbers I have above is what I have paid staff so this is not impossible.
Lucky break I will say and your company must be financially successful enough to pay the rate. Are you American based, localized GTA? Because I tried asking for 67k and lowest 52k and highest 72k. I know and interviewed with well known carriers and they would not budge no matter how much I compared, answer correctly, or give great examples.

Gord M

We are a mid sized dry van and reefer carrier looking for an experienced dispatcher to handle our highway dispatch board (and work well with our shorthaul board). We’ve been growing and need some extra operational assistance.

This position is available immediately and would be ideal for someone living in the KW/Guelph/Cambridge area.

Position would be full time, early start, shift starting at 6am, some on call (rotation), some weekends and some later nights (making sure everything is cleaned up before heading out)

If you are already in the business, you know the drill...self starter, innovative, motivated, and a never say never attitude. We require someone who respects the efforts of our drivers, and who can effectively communicate what needs to be accomplished to them in a manner that keeps everyone onside.
Must possess sound knowledge of dispatch and operations as well as hours of service legislation etc, understand the principles of customer service, and have a strong set of computer skills.
Please pm me for further details if interested
It sounds like a great job, you are looking for a real dispatcher and not a clerk who speaks to drivers.

johnnyn

My friend recently moved from Toronto to Windsor ON. She is looking for a dispatch position in Windsor area. 1-year experience. Please inbox me if anyone has any leads. Thank you!

nir182

My friend recently moved from Toronto to Windsor ON. She is looking for a dispatch position in Windsor area. 1-year experience. Please inbox me if anyone has any leads. Thank you!

There is a company called "Modern Forwarding" it's based out of Windsor.

nir182

Based on her experience level. I think it will be a benefit for her. After putting on additional years and apply somewhere like Ryder, Penske she will be good if she is stays in Windsor. Another company called Transfreight as well. Once she builts the experience. And wolverine transportation.