Daytona Freight Systems - Brampton

Rob

Site Supporter
I have used in the past no issues. They are on a load for me today just waiting on an email update saying they are loaded but I am pretty sure they are as my shipper would be emailing looking for the truck long before now if not.

Rob

Site Supporter
Yep loaded shame I had to wait 5 minutes for an email. Is that a service failure?

LOL Bull I know my shipper, if the truck is anything after 12.30 I get the first email looking for it. I should of said I know the truck is loaded but just waiting for the email confirming it from the carrier.

PackRat

Site Supporter
Thanks all for the quick responses. We didn't end up connecting on this one but good to know for next time.
PR

truckinon

Put him on an outbound to PA, carrier confirmation states specifically to scale at the shippers once loaded... they literally have one at the same place we are shipping from, dispatch says its not company policy to scale before rolling, waits until hes driven 6-8 hours/ at the border and advises he is 1,000 lbs overweight, and won't continue to roll because we're trying to 'swindle him' into taking more weight than he agreed to take. DNU see ya!

youngtea

Put him on an outbound to PA, carrier confirmation states specifically to scale at the shippers once loaded... they literally have one at the same place we are shipping from, dispatch says its not company policy to scale before rolling, waits until hes driven 6-8 hours/ at the border and advises he is 1,000 lbs overweight, and won't continue to roll because we're trying to 'swindle him' into taking more weight than he agreed to take. DNU see ya!
Based on your information it makes it seem like you did not verbally advise them. My motto is always advise all details to dispatcher before booking.

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
I hate to say it but at least once a year we have a driver cross into the states and then weigh and find they are overweight even tho our policy is weigh anything over 40,000lbs. Most times it's experienced drivers and I can't for the life of me figure out what would make them weigh a load 4 to 6 hours from a pickup.

truckinon

Based on your information it makes it seem like you did not verbally advise them. My motto is always advise all details to dispatcher before booking.
I wish that was the case, but I did tell them verbally. Verbal confirmations turn into he said she said situations, that's why I write it right on the piece of paper you sign and send back to us before you even roll your driver. I can't think of another easier way than blatantly stated on the carrier confirmation, and a verbal 'please have your driver scale before he leaves the shipper.'

Every company has different policies and procedures, but when I do my due diligence, I expect the same from the dispatchers on the other end. Every other carrier happily rolls into the scale, and resolves any weight disputes before we leave the shipper. I resolved the issue by not working with them in the future though!

truckinon

Just a thought: Why not speak to the shipper about only issuing the BOL after the truck is scaled? This would prevent your issue from ever happening.

my 2 cents, sometimes worth 3 cents...
Mike
Yea that's probably the best bet going forward for sure!

Rob

Site Supporter
5 hours late for a scheduled delivery appointment. They are not too happy that the receiver has rescheduled them for 3am tomorrow am. Could of been avoided this morning with a phone call

loaders

Site Supporter
I have to give a well deserved THANK YOU to Daytona. We had them on a critical show freight shipment for arrival in Las Vegas. They loaded on time but ran into a delay at the border when the shipper had filed incorrect paperwork. Not only did they wait all day last Friday for the problem to be solved, but switched to a team after running half way to the destination. Even when Mother Nature threw them a curve ball with closed highways in CO., they were able to make the delivery just as the show opened this morning. Excellent communication 24 hours every day, including screen shots of text msg with the drivers and satellite tracking. They could have thrown in the towel any number of times during this ordeal and pretty much told us to f**k off, " the load will get there when it gets there", something we have all heard too often in these situations. No, they carried on and provided continuous updates and allowed us to call their drivers directly on their cell. Both our customer and ourselves are more than happy to agree to extra charges for the border delay and for the switch to a team while enroute. We have done a few previous shipments with this outfit without incident, but after this display of stellar service, we will try to connect with them whenever we can. When credit for a good job is warranted, I strongly believe in giving it. Highly recommended.

shayne

Daytona is really really good. DFS is really good. I would book again with them, however i cannot speak about their payment trends as I am a broker