Datis Transport

NoNameOne

Don't know what's happening, looks like BC loads are a scam magnet...

Paperwork says
903-5162 Young Street
Toronto, ON
M2M0E9

Google says:

71 Innovation Dr #3,
Woodbridge, ON L4H 0S3

http://datistransport.com/ - shows like they have a whole fleet, storage and everything, but SAFER says they got one truck. Also, pictures on their website are just pictures found online, with their logo photoshopped on them.

If I'm mistaken, I'll gladly delete my post, but I feel like we should beware.

Rob

Site Supporter
On about us page of website it says there are a 3pl? but the trucking page says they have a fleet?

NoNameOne

On about us page of website it says there are a 3pl? but the trucking page says they have a fleet?

WHOIS says the website was registered 2018-05-03, but apparently they already got 20 years experience, 80 employees, 2 offices, covering 4 countries, and they even have reviews from totally real clients.

loaders

Site Supporter
Definitely strange. If you are a fleet operator, why would you use stock photos of trucks and have your company name photo shopped onto them? Looks like they "borrowed" a couple of photos right of the Freightliner website!

MikeJr

Staff member
WHOIS says the website was registered 2018-05-03, but apparently they already got 20 years experience, 80 employees, 2 offices, covering 4 countries, and they even have reviews from totally real clients.

You mean the testimonials from Frank Martin and the other one from Martin Frank? Saw those, they look legit.

Keep well,
Mike

NoNameOne

here is your Whois info. site address registered to Shahin Bararesh, 2015 Sheppard Ave, E, Toronto 647-221-2034 registrant email is shahin.bararesh@gmail.com ( this could be them who set up, a friend or a 3rd party , but its the info listed for registering their domain ) was hidden under most Whois, but the godaddy one leaks alot of this info

How did you get all that info?? Not showing all this when I look them up.

Thefriendlybroker1

they have adds on Kijiji looking for local driver. innovation drive address looks like legitamite small co.
mc # 089034. dont think its a big deal using stock photos on the site - site itself looks pretty well made up.

Last edited:

Thefriendlybroker1

There are multiple Whois sites you can look through - icann is one , godaddy has one.. Usually when its a site/ address set up through Godaddy, they protect the registrant info so all of the other Whois sites just come up with godaddy and a US address ( typically arizona ) . But.... if you check the godaddy whois, sometimes they leak the real name of the person who set it all up with them.

loaders

Site Supporter
I agree, using stock photos on your website shouldn't necessarily be seen as a red flag, our website has a few stock photos. However, my firm is a freight brokerage and any photos of trucks do not have our name superimposed on them. My point was, why not include some pictures of your own fleet, if indeed you are an asset based carrier?

Thefriendlybroker1

agreed.. it would be smart and lend to more authenticity..... alot of companies get lazy and don't see the value in a website still.. That in its own is a little bit of a worry and these can be the small things that differentiate a carrier getting a load over another carrier.

loaders

Site Supporter
Absolutely. It is unfortunate that all of us have to do this type of extra digging and investigating before doing business with a new entity. As you mentioned, it is usually a series of minor inconsistencies that make the difference as opposed to a large glaring problem (although that is possible as well).

Telliah

Datis is, as far as I can tell in dealing with them, a legitimate company. But, I definitely do NOT believe that they have 20 years of experience! My husband and I pull loads for them from time to time. In our opinion, dispatch does not require the correct skills to effectively, nor efficiently, dispatch out 8 people never mind 80 people. When I asked dispatch to email a copy of the dispatch sheet to me. They reply I got was "what do you mean by dispatch sheet." I think they are just starting out and want to make it look like they have a vast amount of knowledge in the industry.

Bullfrog

agreed.. it would be smart and lend to more authenticity..... alot of companies get lazy and don't see the value in a website still.. That in its own is a little bit of a worry and these can be the small things that differentiate a carrier getting a load over another carrier.
Websites shouldn't depict the type of service a company provides. It's definitely nice to have, but I deal with companies without websites and their services are great.

Ruler

I've dealt with these guys with no issues, don't judge a book by its cover...or lack thereof in this case lol