Coronavirus

loaders

Site Supporter
I just heard from a friend who visited his local Metro grocery store in Etobicoke this morning. No bread, no meat, no TP, limited dairy and freezers rapidly emptying. I get that they are having some scheduling problems with most stores seeing increased sales, but in my mind, when the general public sees empty shelves it only adds to their state of unease and panic. I understand that these are difficult times, but it is important for the large grocery corporations to do more than just say they are on top of things. If they need more trucks for deliveries, just ask.

Igor Galanter

Oh, no, loaders, don't make @Rob started on this help...
After treating trucking companies surtain way, the response is probably adequate ( not that I support that) unless some new insentives curved on the stone...
Actually, it's sad...

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
We ship to all the major retailers, this time of year we ship normally 35,000 cases a day, we are now pushing 90,000 cases a day and really burning out a lot of our warehouse workers so I just don't think they can keep up. Basically they are just asking for a complete list of what we have on hand for them and ordering everything. With all this hoarding we will see a big drop in trucking in a month or 2 when people stop buying.

Henry

I am already experiencing problems getting paid from 4 larger carriers/ brokers. Not too good.

WALTERK

Some of the medical journals in NY estimate that if "social distancing" fails, it could get worse in NY than in Italy. It could mean 10% death rate in the number of people that got sick. He obviously understands the gravity of the situation.....

Last edited: