Cheap Freight of the Day

Steph18

Yea i guess thats true. Where ever the carrier is based they always want more from which ever province they are from, but i see some carriers asking for unrealistic rates all the time.
Just the other day i had a dry load from Ny to gta which was about 104 mile run and he wanted 900$ i told him good luck

Shakey

Site Supporter
Freaking kitty litter may loose an oilpan trying to load. The load will not be ready ontime and the appointment will be makeable if your truck has 14 drivers and will do mach2.
funny to see they have duped a couple of new supple chain people into joining their team.......see how long they last ;-0

Kysanahc

Freaking kitty litter may loose an oilpan trying to load. The load will not be ready ontime and the appointment will be makeable if your truck has 14 drivers and will do mach2.
They have to be running out of carriers soon... right?

Kysanahc

I doubt that... I'm in business since last century and they still able to find someone and not just one...:(
I think the saying is... There's a sucker born every minute.

I met their logistics people 2 years ago trying to help a younger rep out, hadn't heard the stories yet and went there thinking there was business to be had... Screwing carriers over is legit part of their business model

shayne

400$ from ON>QC I've never heard of a rate being that low, most carriers are asking between 700-800$ right now.
to be honest i think some of you will scream at me but i still cover mtl going to toronto for 500 tandem dry, ive never said 450, but i figure someone would take it on a friday

shayne

Youngtea,

Agree 100% with your statements except the part about making carriers profitable because without carriers there is no need for brokers and that statement cannot be switched around.

Yes the rate gouging that goes on during produce season is a unwarranted, but is it really when a load to Florida right now goes for 2500 then to 1800 or less during season? Is it rate gouging or is it making the nut you need to crack to stay in the game.
one time i booked a costa farms florida pickup delivered at 04:00am to walmart for 1800 cad when the produce loads just wer
That's why I pay you in 35 days. Doesn't that deserve a $50 better rate than a broker that pays you in 90? ;)
yes-