Charger Logistics

bubba-one

Site Supporter
They've have a horrible contract, not sure why anyone would sign it or work on those terms. We won't deal with them due to the wording as they won't accept our changes.

Unbeliveable

There Contract is why we wont deal with them also. So many carriers sign those contracts and it all good UNTIL that day. We do not Sign contracts

Truck519

Charger is not in any kind of trouble financially . I have one of my known person working in Truck Sales @ Charger. According to him Charger is making more money in Truck sales compared to logistics . They are selling brand new trucks after one Trip as well they are getting Brand New trucks at much cheaper rates compared to Market and are making big money out of it.
Secondly they are investing a lot in Real Estate aa well . Recently they bought big Truck Terminal in Cambridge from McArthur Express on Werlich Drive.

loaders

Site Supporter
There are a few fleets out there that are playing some shady games with new trucks. They press the OEMs for juicy, large fleet discounts and then turnaround and sell those trucks individually to their friends and owner operators for a substantial profit. In most cases these new trucks never turn a wheel until they’re sold. Fleet discounts are a worthwhile fact of life in our industry, but to be used in this manner certainly wasn’t their original intention. From what I hear, all OEMs are aware of this game and although they would like to, no one has the courage to put a stop to it for fear of losing out on all important sales numbers and market share.

shayne

Charger is not in any kind of trouble financially . I have one of my known person working in Truck Sales @ Charger. According to him Charger is making more money in Truck sales compared to logistics . They are selling brand new trucks after one Trip as well they are getting Brand New trucks at much cheaper rates compared to Market and are making big money out of it.
Secondly they are investing a lot in Real Estate aa well . Recently they bought big Truck Terminal in Cambridge from McArthur Express on Werlich Drive.
charger is most definitely in trouble. If things were good , why would a freight company start selling new trucks as extra revenue stream? Not only that every other week they have to create new subsidiary companies to pull their trailers , i would wonder what is going on

loaders

Site Supporter
Diversification does not always mean financial trouble. There are a few major carriers adopting the same model, offering a variety of services, i.e.regular transport, vehicle leasing, truck sales, trailer leasing, mobile maintenance. I can’t comment on Chargers financial health, but usually, creating additional revenue streams should not be regarded as a warning sign of anything.

Freight Broker

Sounds like one heck of a business. 10 years from nothing to hundreds of trucks.. and its a young fella who owns it.. wow..

consol24

I am also curious about charger.. how did it get to the size in short time? since 2005 to now, it has grown a lot when companies started around that same time still operate 10-15 trucks today. Is the trucking business relying a lot on personal wealth before you get started? or do they have special contracts?