Charger Logistics

shayne

wow rip :( despite what people say charger is decent as a carrier. ( i never said decent; in the way they treat their o/o or employees ex- employees ) but they have safe equipment, shiny trucks and almost always have capcity if the price is right lol ......

Jim L

Make no mistake - if a company the size of Charger, with all its affiliate companies designed to protect itself from legal challenges, is going down, you will probably hear nothing until the day it comes down. It will take an insurance company or a finance company to pull the plug without warning and everything will stop until they amalgamate, conglomerate or close down or something similar.

An old irish man told me about rumors: 'When a river sounds, there's water in it'. If you're hearing rumors, there might be something to it.

loaders

Site Supporter
Exactly. In spite of their best intentions, most companies who find themselves in trouble, will continue to operate up to the very last minute in order to generate sales and hopefully some last minute profit. It also presents a "business as usual" appearance to suppliers who are still offering their services and enabling the troubled firm to get in a few last gasps. As JimL mentioned, it is usually an insurance company withdrawing their coverage, or most likely a bank or other lending institution cutting off their line of credit.

Gord M

I've interviewed so many of their dispatchers in the last three months I'm surprised anyone is still over there.

Trucking18

Really ? We haul their loads on a regular, Never had issues getting paid. But not looking to be on the bankruptcy List

Henry

I have seen several Charger trailers this week on the road. I saw them being pulled by Charger trucks and RAV trucks

Igor Galanter

I'm all over the GTA all day long and lately don't see as many Charger's trailers on the road and at the customers as use to be.
If something going on, it's going slow, eh...

Trans

For some reason they are moving a lot of LTL. like 3 skids 1 skid, is it even worth it for like $50......
They owe us $350 and we are not extending there credit lol..........

Trucking18

Really guys ? Even though they still pay on time with no delays ? We haul their california loads often...this thread has me thinking.

Jim L

Really guys ? Even though they still pay on time with no delays ? We haul their california loads often...this thread has me thinking.
Like I mentioned before, when it comes to rumours, where there is smoke there is fire. There is a reason why someone started this thread. It may be nothing - it may be something - that might even amount to nothing. When or if the hammer comes down, Charger Logistics is a big hammer and it will have large ramifications.
Your choice is to weigh all the indicators and find out if there is any truth to any of it. Paying on time with no delays is only one indicator you should consider.

WALTERK

The trucks they are selling have very unusual spec: 14 fronts and 46 rears, fast gears though. - very strange for this type of carrier. They were getting ready for some heavy loads? Some Freigthliner dealers are trying to offload them too - colors match. Almost as if they refused to take the delivery. Time will tell.....