CAT Global

TRC604

CAT Global Inc
4 rue du Transport
Coteau Du Lac, QC
J0P 1B0

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in service from this broker? Last couple of weeks I've dealt with them the whole energy in this office feels different. People in the office seem a little short, people not getting back to you in time and cancelling and delaying loads outright. Used to be a really good broker to deal with but last few times I've called them they seem aggravated and off the ball.

NotForHire

CAT Global Inc
4 rue du Transport
Coteau Du Lac, QC
J0P 1B0

Has anyone else noticed a decrease in service from this broker? Last couple of weeks I've dealt with them the whole energy in this office feels different. People in the office seem a little short, people not getting back to you in time and cancelling and delaying loads outright. Used to be a really good broker to deal with but last few times I've called them they seem aggravated and off the ball.
yes their main customer is Canadian tire and Cascades they are suffering

Eye-on-U

They have become more of an asset based company now, with the purchasing of companies like Penner, which they may be inclined to use their 3PL business to cover their own trucks...having an impact on their brokerage side of business.

GSJGCE

CAT Global Inc
4 rue du Transport
Coteau Du Lac, QC
J0P 1B0

Yes, cancellations while my driver was on route a few times in 2022 and no compensation at all. Definitely cancelled for another provider.

Last edited:

theman

They've changed their business model a few times. They were a fairly large trucking company, at one point sold all of their power units and leased them, tried to really grow a brokerage division poaching people from FLS etc but it didn't work out. Looks like they went back to primarily asset based and acquiring other companies. There obviously is still a brokerage arm but it's not their primary business.

LrgCar

They've changed their business model a few times. They were a fairly large trucking company, at one point sold all of their power units and leased them, tried to really grow a brokerage division poaching people from FLS etc but it didn't work out. Looks like they went back to primarily asset based and acquiring other companies. There obviously is still a brokerage arm but it's not their primary business.

Noticed the same thing, CAT has been falling off the brokerage side and I'm guessing they are shifting their focus to assets as I am seeing a lot more CAT trucks and trailers out west. Their Memphis office is good and they are professional but I can't say the same about the QC office.

theman

Noticed the same thing, CAT has been falling off the brokerage side and I'm guessing they are shifting their focus to assets as I am seeing a lot more CAT trucks and trailers out west. Their Memphis office is good and they are professional but I can't say the same about the QC office.
The Memphis operation way back when was Clarke Sunac ... itself a bunch of guys out of the old Mark VII.

theman

I remember going to a few when I was back in ops - the US Traffic guys especially made fools of themselves. And there definitely were ladies on the hunt there - only I was taken ...

GSJGCE

Sigh...so I book a load with Mark 8:30am for a next day pick up, he cancels 3:15 pm saying lack over inventory and once it's ready he will contact me. 4:15pm He posts it again on Loadlink....decided to keep a screensnip of it. But, I guess it's best I not make a big deal out of this. Still quite bad that he wasted a whole day of mine that I could have used to look for work for my driver.

MLCAR

Sigh...so I book a load with Mark 8:30am for a next day pick up, he cancels 3:15 pm saying lack over inventory and once it's ready he will contact me. 4:15pm He posts it again on Loadlink....decided to keep a screensnip of it. But, I guess it's best I not make a big deal out of this. Still quite bad that he wasted a whole day of mine that I could have used to look for work for my driver.
they are notorious for this, I try not to book with them unless we really have too and always say my trucks on-route to make sure if they cancel we get something for the time wasted.

GaryS

Very frustrating to deal with as you never know if your going to be able to pic up or not
we were 5 min to pick up then get call load postponed. really strange lately. you wonder if they ever really had a load or not

XPORTIN

This is happening a lot as of recently... I guess they want to capitalize on the market flip. Kind of reminds me of around this time last year where carriers we're getting away asking for $10 a mile LOL

Michael Ludwig

I'm not sure I'd be pissing in CAT's direction. They're a carrier too, and they know the score. I suspect their overall issues are more supply chain oriented than they are trying to yank a carrier around ... unless of course they have a good reason not to like you. Then all bets are off ... LOL