Carrier looking for sprinter van work.......in Ontario

FREIGHTzz

Hello everyone we are looking for sprinter van work anywhere and everywhere in ontario,quebec.please give us a call or email us for quote ask for Amin.
Email canlogix@outlook.com
phone 6479485733 ext 2
cell# 437 771 3356

NotForHire

What kind of freight are you looking for ont--> qc , expedite? not much nowadays for sprinter between ont--> qc.

Speedy transport and Transforce have captured the Ontario/Quebec ltl for 50-75$ a skid. people dont ship expedite between Ontario and quebec, they just ship ahead of time

Shakey

Site Supporter
What kind of freight are you looking for ont--> qc , expedite? not much nowadays for sprinter between ont--> qc.

Speedy transport and Transforce have captured the Ontario/Quebec ltl for 50-75$ a skid. people dont ship expedite between Ontario and quebec, they just ship ahead of time

I think you must mean others, TFI certainly doesn't give out those kind of rates for a full skid as well you would have to be a very good client to get a min that low. Speedy has been pushing up rates since others have left the market due to those types of rates.

NotForHire

I think you must mean others, TFI certainly doesn't give out those kind of rates for a full skid as well you would have to be a very good client to get a min that low. Speedy has been pushing up rates since others have left the market due to those types of rates.
i get those rates :)

FREIGHTzz

Ya its so hard for new carriers to survive in this business especially this year load link doesn't have that many posting as compared to last year brokers are so cheap No idea what to do any suggestions other than quitting.

loaders

Site Supporter
Freightzz, your comment about brokers "are so cheap" is not quite right. The only place freight brokers get their rates are from carriers. OK, maybe the odd stupid ones still make them up. Today's marketplace is a classic example of what can go wrong when a broker quotes a lane without checking with a carrier first. In most cases the broker doesn't get the freight. Spot market pricing on US inbound, outbound and domestic has been steadily sinking since the summer making it virtually impossible to remain current and up to date. Over the last few weeks we have lost numerous orders, primarily LTL US outbound, by quoting our customers the exact same rate we did the shipment for a month ago. A rate by the way, that we had no problem finding a willing carrier to accept. It is my opinion that as freight volumes declined, rates went south as well and carriers did whatever they felt was necessary to keep iron on the road as opposed to parked against the fence. Now, when a freight broker asks a carrier for a rate, the new, lower rate becomes the standard. So, low rates are not caused by a bunch of freight brokers waking up one morning and saying.."hmmm, lets quote all of our customers 20% less today, the carriers will just have to accept it", it is a bit more complicated than that.

NotForHire

Freightzz, your comment about brokers "are so cheap" is not quite right. The only place freight brokers get their rates are from carriers. OK, maybe the odd stupid ones still make them up. Today's marketplace is a classic example of what can go wrong when a broker quotes a lane without checking with a carrier first. In most cases the broker doesn't get the freight. Spot market pricing on US inbound, outbound and domestic has been steadily sinking since the summer making it virtually impossible to remain current and up to date. Over the last few weeks we have lost numerous orders, primarily LTL US outbound, by quoting our customers the exact same rate we did the shipment for a month ago. A rate by the way, that we had no problem finding a willing carrier to accept. It is my opinion that as freight volumes declined, rates went south as well and carriers did whatever they felt was necessary to keep iron on the road as opposed to parked against the fence. Now, when a freight broker asks a carrier for a rate, the new, lower rate becomes the standard. So, low rates are not caused by a bunch of freight brokers waking up one morning and saying.."hmmm, lets quote all of our customers 20% less today, the carriers will just have to accept it", it is a bit more complicated than that.

I always dbl check with carriers the rate before I quote, unless its a lane im very familiar with and know the rate from the back of my hand

loaders

Site Supporter
I hear you Shayne. I don't know though, even the back of my hand is starting to be sketchy these days. Although the changes are not as rapid as the price increases we saw when ELDs were introduced a couple of years ago, the current price declines have me unsure what to quote on pretty much anything. Seems there is always someone out there willing to do it for $25 or $50 less. Karma...I guess the shippers are enjoying it now!

NotForHire

I hear you Shayne. I don't know though, even the back of my hand is starting to be sketchy these days. Although the changes are not as rapid as the price increases we saw when ELDs were introduced a couple of years ago, the current price declines have me unsure what to quote on pretty much anything. Seems there is always someone out there willing to do it for $25 or $50 less. Karma...I guess the shippers are enjoying it now!

Some one is always willing to do its for less :( i use this rule of thumb.

Outbound dryvan 1.50/mile, reefer 2-2.25/mile, deck freight 3-3.50 per mile ( excluding supersize loads)

Ltl is usually priced at 0.65-1.25 per mile

Inbound rates are basically whatever i tell the carrier because a lot of times they are running EMPTY

NotForHire

@loaders I dont really make money on outbound loads ever. The majority of my margins come from inbound loads. I am able to leverage my market knowledge to get the inbound rates that I need to make my $

Trans

@loaders I dont really make money on outbound loads ever. The majority of my margins come from inbound loads. I am able to leverage my market knowledge to get the inbound rates that I need to make my $

Things will change this month, outbound loads are already above capacity
TQL been calling me all day today lol all the US brokers are already paying Crazy rates for short runs to OH, MI

Let's see what E Log will do in few days

loaders

Site Supporter
Whatever works for you Shayne, but personally, I have never been really married to the $/mile format, there are just way too many variables to make it reliable enough on a regular basis. Maybe as a vague guideline, but certainly nothing can replace a firm quote from a carrier with an available truck. As the bulk of our work is flat bed and specialized, we cannot afford to quote our customers without knowing ahead of time what the market is asking for on any particular day. Quoting a shipment too low only results in you looking foolish in the eyes of both your customer and the carriers you're trying to flog the load to. Quoting too high, which is certainly the danger nowadays will result in not having to call any carriers because you didn't get the work.

Rob

Site Supporter
I want to know where he is getting carriers at 1.50 a mile outbound. If true please tell the asshats to pack up and go home as some of us would not mind being able to find a buck or two left at the end of the week. Bacardi ain't cheap why the hell people do loads for nothing is beyond me.$1.50 a mile will not pay the bills and with inbound tight you are losing money every mile.

loaders

Site Supporter
The biggest problem with the buck per mile strategy is what happens when there is only 1 truck available to haul your 600 mile load and he won't touch it for less than $1200.00?? The $1.50/mile costing you used for your quote to the customer just went out the window, along with any profit you had built in. Now if the load isn't a rush and can sit until a willing victim.....oops, I mean carrier comes along, then fine.

BPOVFB

I want to know where he is getting carriers at 1.50 a mile outbound. If true please tell the asshats to pack up and go home as some of us would not mind being able to find a buck or two left at the end of the week. Bacardi ain't cheap why the hell people do loads for nothing is beyond me.$1.50 a mile will not pay the bills and with inbound tight you are losing money every mile.
Yeah Rob quotes me 1.60/mi, I could use that extra .10 cents a mile!

Someone always will do it cheaper and you can pick out about 10 on the way to work - not hard to spot... Keep the pressure on the Driver Inc. model...

Shayne - are you purely 3PL with no assets?

NotForHire

Yeah Rob quotes me 1.60/mi, I could use that extra .10 cents a mile!

Someone always will do it cheaper and you can pick out about 10 on the way to work - not hard to spot... Keep the pressure on the Driver Inc. model...

Shayne - are you purely 3PL with no assets?
3pl w no assets

NotForHire

The biggest problem with the buck per mile strategy is what happens when there is only 1 truck available to haul your 600 mile load and he won't touch it for less than $1200.00?? The $1.50/mile costing you used for your quote to the customer just went out the window, along with any profit you had built in. Now if the load isn't a rush and can sit until a willing victim.....oops, I mean carrier comes along, then fine.
I didnt say that I charge the client 1.50 per mile, i should have emphasized thats the carrier payout.