Avalon Translink

giverrr

used them and did a good job did what was requested and communication good will use again

Shakey

Site Supporter
just started using them on STR8 TRK deliveries from QC to ON 5 loads went perfect last one little issue but we will still use as well recommend them

markhamboy

Thank you. Just gave them a weekend delivery. Let see what happens. You all have a great and safe weekend.

Daljit

DNU , ALWAYS EXCUSES AND STORIES WITH THIS COMPANY. I HAD SO MANY CLAIMS FOR FREIGHT THEY DELIVERED FOR ME WHEN I WORKED AT DELMAR

Hello,
Can you please even tell me how many loads we did for you and how many claims we got.
Because I am still moving freight for delmar and never paid and cent towards to claims.

Daljit

I am sorry if you taking this wrong side.
all I am saying I even stopped calling Delmar for orders because when they give the order they never tell the appointments time. They will tell you the app. time after when you pick up the stop and they never even confirm with the carrier just send the email and that's it.
everybody is good when it work in their favour. i don't want to reroute another truck because we had another freight in other trucks and to just make you happy I cant play around with my other customers or broker.
at the end its all about services & communication in-between carriers and brokers

Shakey

Site Supporter
We have had issues with you on pick up appointments, we give you week notice but you can not make them on time. We don't receive notice or correct updates when we chase for them, on only use if have to right now with us.

MikeJr

Staff member
Picked up a 26' STR truckload for us outbound to norther NY, delivered on time at 7:00AM this morning and also answered the phone after hours for tracing. Would be happy to work with again.

Keep well,
Mike

GOWDSTI

booked 5 skids as next day LTL out of MI. showed up 4hrs late for pickup. after pickup the driver "ran out of hours" before crossing the border and could not make next day delivery. rescheduled the deliver for the following day at 8:30am and the driver showed up at 9:30am. no updates unless I called.

MikeJr

Staff member
I'm curious - What city in MI did this LTL pick up from?

Avalon Translink has done 2 shipments for us in the preceeding 60 days with strong service (even after hours).

Keep well,
Mike

Daljit

MI to MTL, yes we do provide next day service even for LTL but that day driver had another pick up in MI which costed him 4 hours more to get loaded. As a result of that driver went out of hours but he still managed to pick it up with in the book. He was not able to cross the border and we couldn't swap the drivers too what could be an option for us once he is in Windsor.

GOWDSTI

I'm curious - What city in MI did this LTL pick up from?

Avalon Translink has done 2 shipments for us in the preceeding 60 days with strong service (even after hours).

Keep well,
Mike
it was out of Ann Arbor MI.

just to be clear, I'm not saying that they're a terrible carrier. I realize that delays happen in transport for various reasons, but communicating those delays is extremely important. That communication wasn't there, and being late for the rescheduled delivery when you literally have an entire extra day to make sure your on time is just poor organization. I just wish the move would have gone better than it did. All it would have taken was a couple of phone calls or emails advising of the situations as they occurred.

MikeJr

Staff member
Yep,
I've got some TL carriers that commit to picking up loads in the afternoon on a 500-600 mile run and request early AM deliveries the next day. Next day rolls around and we find the drivers have had to shut down due to hours of service. Higher attention to detail and calculating what you can do before committing to something is important for customer service. Repeat offenders simply aren't organized and don't get future business.

On the LTL side, I think we all could write a book (and maybe we should) about all the consignees, shippers, trafffic, customs, etc issues we have all seen.

No matter the delay, we can all agree communicaiton is the key. I feel like your issue with Avalon is a one off. We've seen good things and hope you do too in the future from them should you hook up on orders together.

Keep well,
Mike

GOWDSTI

Yep,
I've got some TL carriers that commit to picking up loads in the afternoon on a 500-600 mile run and request early AM deliveries the next day. Next day rolls around and we find the drivers have had to shut down due to hours of service. Higher attention to detail and calculating what you can do before committing to something is important for customer service. Repeat offenders simply aren't organized and don't get future business.

On the LTL side, I think we all could write a book (and maybe we should) about all the consignees, shippers, trafffic, customs, etc issues we have all seen.

No matter the delay, we can all agree communicaiton is the key. I feel like your issue with Avalon is a one off. We've seen good things and hope you do too in the future from them should you hook up on orders together.

Keep well,
Mike
thanks for the response Mike, I can only agree with what you said. I hope you're right about this being a one off as I am willing to give them another shot. I guess only time will tell.

NotForHire

I retract and deleted my comments, used again last night for delivery to polo in halton hills, did good work during a shitty situation

GOWDSTI

Have a load pending with these guys. Thinking I will pull the trigger and use them.
they've been doing great work for me on every shipment since i gave them a second chance. it just goes to show that everyone has a bad day once in a while.