Ashron Transport / Ashron Freight Services

ashron

Nov 19, 2009
Hello all,

Neil Smith here - 50% owner of Ashron Transport Inc. and 100% owner of Ashron Freight Services Inc. - writing with an update on our situation (you have probably already read some previous threads if you seached "Ashron"). Ashron Transport Inc. was officially forced into bankruptcy by the TD Canada Trust on Nov. 15, 2012. Any creditors will receive notices shortly, but the company assets are not enough to pay off the only secured creditors (The Goverment and TD Bank) so there will be no settlement offer to the unsecured creditors. Note that the company has been out of service since the bank froze the accounts in early June as per my previous posts. Ashron Transport Inc. was a trucking company I started with Lionel Lefebvre and it unfortuately failed for several reasons as explained in my previous posts.

That being said, Ashron Freight Services Inc. is an international forwarding company and truck broker established BEFORE Ashron Transport Inc. and we are healthy and paying our bills in 30 days or less. And, as you have probably already read, I have personally made an effort to pay off MANY carriers who lost money with Ashron Transport Inc, and I am doing this under no legal obligation. I have paid off several carriers IN FULL now and many more partially (I will send a list to anyone who contacts me directly so they can verify that I am not BS'ing), either by paying them extra for the current loads they do for us or by making small installment payments. My desire and intention is to pay off all carriers 100%, but the speed that I can accomplish this obviously depends on the profitiablity of Ashron Freight Services Inc. We are slightly profitable, but not enough to be paying off several thousand dollars per week or month. I pay down what I can each month.

Basically I want to pass along 2 important messages:

1. Even though a carrier receives a letter from the trustee concerning the bankruptcy of Ashron Transport Inc, it does not mean all is lost. I will continue to pay down the debt with the profits of Ashron Freight Services Inc. as much as I can.

2. Ashron Freight Services Inc. is financially sound and we pay our bills at approx. 25 days every Thursday so that the carriers DEPOSIT their cheques on average at about 30-35 days. I ask that if we offer you a load or you see us on the link, don't dismiss us simply because of the credit history of Ashorn Transport Inc. Feel free to ask for me directly and I will often do partial or full quickpays for the first orders to regain the carriers trust and start again a good relationship. I have always had good relations with carriers, despite the failure of Ashron Transport Inc.

Thanks for reading a feel free to contact me anytime for more info.

Neil Smith
450-692-0444 office
514-913-3480 cel.

Mar 10, 2011
Ontario
Hi Neil,

Thanks for your post. Can you tell us what happened with Lionel? Is he a good manager/dispatch? Is he honest? Can we trust his new trucking company for moving freight or is he double broking the loads?

I read all the posts about the Ashron Transport situation and I wich you luck with the good standing of your business.

Thanks!

ashron

Nov 19, 2009
Hi Paco,

Sorry, I haven't logged on since my last message. And sorry again, but I prefer not to comment on Lionel Lefebvre publicly.

Thanks very much for your kind words, though.

B. rgds,

Neil Smith