Any Loblaws is a threat to your next load

ROBBY

Seems most union receivers threaten to make you late for your next pick up as they are in no hurry to offload. Always a pain when Loblaws is involved.

Bullfrog

Walmart is also a threat as I've had multiple drivers end up stuck longer then 48 hours resulting in cancellations on backhauls. Seems carriers always get the shit end of the stick.

As long as the load is moved for the customer and delivered that's all they care about. Not the time of others.

Gord M

The moral of this story is don't play with the big boys if you don't know what game they are playing........if you have 50 trucks or less don't take any freight to the Walmart's or Loblaw's, they will eat you up. Stick to Costco and other reasonable consignees. Loblaws answers to no one, the brokers that book the freight for them are the only ones that make money from them...............get your waiting time agreement in place before picking up the load if theres nothing else to haul.

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
They are all starting to feel the pain, they are coming to us looking for capacity out of the states but you can't give what you don't have. Loblaws and Walmart have both asked for help and basically the answer is pay more and get the trucks unloaded faster is the solution, if the freight market stays tight they will slowly get better.....like Gord M says have you waiting time in place.

Arnold

Sobey's everywhere are impossible. I do not take freight for them any more. Loblaws is another one down east here that will book an appointment for 8pm to unload 5 skids and the truck will get out about 1am. Since I started adding a bulls**t tax I no longer get asked to go into them.

wesward

I had a driver show up 2 hours late and then Loblaws held him for 3 days! Crazy. Not doing anymore Loblaws loads.

Michael Ludwig

Wow ... and you let him/made him stay there for 3 days? I am assuming you notified Loblaws that you would be late?
If on the very, very, very, very, very rare occasion that we do a Loblaws load, if my guy isn't out of there in 6 hours, I bring them home and tell Loblaws I'll bring it back when I have available resources. If their load goes bad, it's too damned bad for them ... not my problem, they refused to unload it.

lowmiler88

Site Supporter
that is the good thing about ELD's my driver is running out of hours and I will pull him usually gets a reaction out of them.

Michael Ludwig

Yes, but it shouldn't take that kind of threat.
Sobey's announced this policy back in October ...

• It is the drivers responsibility to timestamp the BOL upon arrival at the RSC using the time clock located at the appointment/receiving window.
  • The arrival checkpoint is the appointment or receiving office at the destination Retail Support Centre NOT THE SECURITY GATE.
  • Late Fees
0-4 hours $500.00

Over 4 hours %1000.00

Missing paperwork $250.00

wesward

Wow ... and you let him/made him stay there for 3 days? I am assuming you notified Loblaws that you would be late?
If on the very, very, very, very, very rare occasion that we do a Loblaws load, if my guy isn't out of there in 6 hours, I bring them home and tell Loblaws I'll bring it back when I have available resources. If their load goes bad, it's too damned bad for them ... not my problem, they refused to unload it.
Not a bad idea, if it works.