This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Unified Carrier Registration Program

Discussion in 'NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION BROKERS ASSOCIATION' started by keyfactor1, Aug 10, 2012.

Draft saved Draft deleted
  1. keyfactor1

    keyfactor1 Member

    I ended up registering online for that past 3 years to avoid any potential problems, I am not sure how or if this is being enforced. At least by Michigan being persistant, it made us aware of this licensing.
  2. faey06

    faey06 Site Supporter

    I found this website made the most sense
  3. keyfactor1

    keyfactor1 Member

    Unified Carrier Registration Agreement

    Just got a call from Michigan regarding the United Carrier Registration, the lady faxed me forms etc. Seems strange to get a call out of the blue regarding this. I am currently looked up information regarding this on-line, does anyone have any experience with this?
  4. drob

    drob Member

    We get it from Michigan... I think we just pay it and let it be that way we don't have to find out what the potential ramifications are.
  5. loaders

    loaders Site Supporter

    Unified Carrier Registration Agreement

    Have any of the other brokers out there registered for this? I have received another notice today from the State of Maine asking for my $76.00 for the 2011 regisration year. They obviously are getting their list of names from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's list of licenced brokers. Don't get me wrong, $76.00 isn't the problem. I just don't know what the potential ramifications are for either registering or not. Any other broker's comments?
  6. stressbeater

    stressbeater Site Supporter

    Addendum to Scam Chaser posting:

    If Broker does not have an operating facility in a named state then the following UC
    registration rule applies:
    ON & MB Brokers can only choose from:
    ..."If your principal place of business state is MO OR THE Canadian Province of ON or MB, you may select one of the following states: IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, NE, OH, or WI.
  7. NTBA

    NTBA New Member

    The US Federal Government through participating states is requiring freight forwarders, brokers and leasing companies to register under the Unified Carrier Registration Program.

    You only have to register in one state jurisdiction at an annual cost of $39 USD for brokers. Depending on your location in Canada determines which state you can register in. Ontario based brokers can choose CT DE MA ME NH PA RI VA WV IA IL IN KS MI MN MO NE OH WI

    This has been around since 2007 but Michigan has been agressively contacting Canadian based brokers, so the ramification of not registering is unknown. Further info available at
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008

Share This Page